Saturday, May 21, 2011

my month

So, it's  almost been a month since the last time I wrote a decent post, I know, shame on me, but the problem is I never found time to tell the story right. See I've had a crazy month so far, like seriously insane, and I didn't want to write a post that didn't truly expose the insanity.  ok well I should first tell you about the week right after easter. I can't remember a weekend when I had been more active. It all started Friday night, some friends of mine were having a house party so my friends decided it was a good party to go to. so we all met here, we did our hear, makeup, drank a little, discussed outfit choices, took pictures in the process, anyway it was a WHILE before we were all ready, but finally we were. 
so we go to this party, there's lots of people we know there and then lots e don't know, but then again who cares right? the House was amazing, 5 of our friend had decided to live together, and therefore found a fantastic house with a massive back yard, complete with an above ground swimming pool and a fire pit. of course smores were well on their way by the time we got there, and they were DELICIOUS! I love smores :). finally we all got really tired and so called it a night and came back home. the next day, Justine and I had plans to go walk around the Mills Mansion with Kat. the mansion is like half an hour away from our house so we had to get up relatively early (no idea how that happened). I had been to this mansion before, but it was in the middle of winter. it was still beautiful, and I did get some great shots, but man was it hard to walk! it felt like walking miles and miles because of how heavy the snow was. so I had a good idea of how to get to the abandoned houses i wanted to see again, I jut had no idea how long it would take us without the snow. Fortunately It was a perfect day outside, the sun was out, not a cloud in sight, the weather was nice and warm with a light breeze just perfection.

 so we went, we took a bunch of pictures (that was the point) and after about 2 hours or so, we decided we were hungry and wanted to go eat. Kat had to work later that day in Red Hook, so we thought it would be good to have lunch somewhere in Rhinebeck which is a town that's close to Red Hook. after much deliberation and assessment we finally went to one of my favorite places in Rhinebeck, Bread Alone. it's a little cafe that has the best iced chai latte you've had in your life! so all 3 of us got that and some kind of sandwich. 
after a delicious leisurely meal it was time for Kat to go, Justine and I were on our way back home when Monica calls us asking if we'd like to go to her house and hangout, maybe watch a movie and have pizza. We really had nothing else to do o we said yes. Monica lives about an hour or hour and a half away, so we thought it would be a good idea to take a night bag, just in case. when we get to Monica's house the suggestion is made that we go to woodbury commons, a massive outlet mall. Justine needed some summer clothing for school so we went. we were there for about 2 hours, really not that long a time as all the stores were closing, so on our way back to Monica's house we stopped by the pizza place she likes to pick up our inner. we went to her house and fell asleep watching the King's Speech, a truly fantastic movie - if you haven't seen it I strongly recommend you do. the next day we got up, had breakfast and noticed the sun was shining quite nicely, so we went to the back yard to tan a little. After a couple hours Justine and I left as I had made plans with other friends to have lunch.  on our way home she thought it would be a good idea to stop at a greenhouse and buy plants. so we did. now our garden looks so cute! we are growing tomatoes, cilantro, parsley, basil, lettuce and sunflowers and it all looks great!
so we get home, I get ready for lunch and my friends come pick me up, they tell me we are going to have a barbecue in a nearby park that I had never been to, I was excited. we went to get some stuff we were missing at the supermarket, make our way to the park and I ask if we had any coal, of course we didn't, why would we? surely there are stoves all over the damned park! so we go back to the supermarket to get the coals, lighter fluid and a lighter, only to come back to the park and find out that the only boy in the group didn't have a knife. what kind of boy doesn't have a KNIFE?!?! 
so finally we have lunch and beer, it was awesome I must admit, really nice lunch. we had hot dogs with potato rolls which I had never had before but man they r awesome! and we had some sweet corn, some marinated chicken that Herbert grilled, tortillas and plain yogurt, yum yum!
so anyway, that was all 1 weekend. Oh I forgot to tell you, after the barbeque we went to my house to make smores and pork dumplings which were fantastic as well, and drink chai latte, my latest obsession. ok so that was pretty much the last time I really had a weekend to myself until now. the past 2 weeks have been filled with homework, projects, presentations, papers and exams. it's insane how busy we've been, all of us would have collectively had a meltdown this weekend if the work didn't stop piling up! really the only fun thing that happened the week after my extravaganza was going to Monica's house again. her mom cooked us dinner, it was absolutely delicious! she made pork shoulder with beans, rice, tortillas and chimichurri. she also made us guacamole to have before dinner. Justine and I brought a big bottle of wine for them, a Valpolicella I think, which was delicious.

We ate so much that night we had to go for a walk, Monica remembered this park near her house and of course Santos wanted to go play in it so we did, it was awesome, we were 5 years old again, really that night was one of those memories you keep forever, it was so perfect!
after than came another 2 weeks of insanity, too much homework, massive projects, lots of working, and studying, and I really did not have a chance to write until today.
well I hope this has been fun to read, I left out some small details like going to the movies or having dinner at a nearby arab restaurant, but these were the highlights of my month, hopefully I will never again have to wate this long to post! thank you for reading. 

5 comments:

  1. bello tu post.... disfrute mucho leyendolo.... creo que mucho de lo que cuentas solo es posible gracias al lugar en el que vives, me refiero al paisaje y aunque no lo mencionas, creo que tu auto te esta sirviendo de maravillas...
    un beso
    el Pa

    ReplyDelete
  2. jajajaja q bueno papito!!!!! y si, la erdad amo a mi auto, si no fuera por eso no podria vivir en una casa con mis amigas, y eso me facilita muchisimo la vida! un besito papi :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. al fin posteaste! yupiiii! esta muy bien escrito re, just add the smores pictures next time! ;) te amooo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. confieso mi ignoracia, yo tampoco se que son smores...
    el Pa

    ReplyDelete
  5. papi te encantarian!!! agaras un marshmallow y lo tuestas en el fuego y despues lo pones entre dos galletas y la aumentas un pedazo de chocolate que se derrite con lo caliente q esta el marshmallow y te lo comes! es un desastre, estas todo sucio despues, pero es bueniiiisimo! jajajaja

    ReplyDelete